The Latest News...
- The City of Barrie proclaims May Neurofibromatosis Awareness Month
- CN Tower illuminates Blue and Green for World Neurofibromatosis Awareness Day on May 17th, 2015
- Niagara Falls illuminates Blue and Green for Neurofibromatosis Day on May 17th, 2015
- New Presidents Blog - Don’t Judge My Story By My Cover
- Len Milligan of Beaverton, Ontario cycling across Canada in support of Neurofibromatosis awareness and research
What is NFON?
The Neurofibromatosis (NF) Society of Ontario is made up of volunteers providing support and services for NF families. In addition to providing assistance to individuals and families, we work closely with clinical and research professionals who specialize in the treatment of NF.
Tweets by @nfontario
What is Neurofibromatosis?
NF encompasses a set of distinct genetic disorders (NF1, NF2, Schwannomatosis) that cause tumours to grow along nerves and can affect the development of non-nervous tissues such as bones and skin. NF causes tumours to grow anywhere on or in the body and can cause additional complications such as disfigurments, bone deformities and learning disabilities.
Want to become a member or volunteer for the NFSO? Application forms can be found here.
You can also Make a Donation to the NFSO.
Subscribe to our Mailing List